The Economic Infrastructure Program provides grants to local governments to assist with infrastructure projects that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs.
Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Upgrades or repair of public drinking water or wastewater treatment plants
- Upgrades, extensions, or repair of public water or sewer lines
- Extensions of publicly owned natural gas line (with an executed Pipeline Construction, Operating and Resale Agreement
- Installation or extension of public broadband infrastructure
- Construction of publicly owned access roads not funded or owned by the NC Department of Transportation
- Construction of public rail spur improvements.
Eligible applicants are units of local government with priority given to the counties that have the 80 highest rankings under N.C.G.S.143B-437.08. The rankings can be found on the county tier designations page.
Click here for applications, forms and deadlines.
Director, Rural Grant Programs
Rural Economic Development Division
NC Department of Commerce
4346 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4346
301 North Wilmington Street
Raleigh, NC 27601