North Carolina offers the facilities and the fans to make your Esports production a wild success. With our outstanding convention centers and arenas throughout the state, Esports hubs in vibrant cities, and our engaged, active gaming community, North Carolina provides the perfect place for your next epic event.
We can also offer financial rebates on your production expenses.
North Carolina Esports Industry Grant Program
North Carolina offers producers financial rebates of up to 25% on qualified expenses.
- A production must spend at least $150,000 directly in the state per event
- Up to $5 million can be awarded each fiscal year (which runs July 1- June 30)
Find more information on the Esports grant program at our SportsNC website. To apply for the Esports Industry Grant, you should:
- Download and familiarize yourself with the program's enabling statute (S 105). A technical corrections law (HB 334) also affects the program.
- Download and read the program guidelines (PDF) - revised June 3, 2022.
- Complete the formal Esports Industry Grant Application. The team at our SportsNC unit will send you this application upon request. Applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of the event.
Support for Your Production in North Carolina
SportsNC serves as your liaison to both public and private groups in North Carolina.
Working with local sports commissions and destinations, SportsNC can connect you with facilities and venues around the state. SportsNC also helps promote North Carolina as a sports and tourism location.
Search for Esports destinations for your next event here.
SportsNC is a unit of the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina. For more information on the advantages of bringing your Esports event to the state, visit the SportsNC website.
You can also contact the SportsNC team directly at (919) 447-7765 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Esports Industry Grant Program is administered by the Commerce Finance Center, a unit of the North Carolina Department of Commerce.